Friday, September 19, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Welcome back! The beginning of a new school year brings with it many challenges. The entire high school staff is committed to the academic, social, and emotional well being of all students. Please do not hesitate to contact any of us to discuss issues pertaining to your children. We are looking forward to a successful school year.On Thursday, September 18, will be “Meet the Teachers Night.” Our program will begin at 7:00 PM in the auditorium. Immediately following, parents will be given the opportunity to attend shortened class periods. Students will bring home schedule cards, which parents can follow during this evening program. Due to the time limitation of the program scheduled for Thursday, September 18, there will not be time for individual conferences. Parents may make appointments with individual teachers at mutually convenient times. Please be aware that guidance counselors, the school psychologist, and the school nurse will be available to speak with you as well.The 2014-2015 school calendar, which indicates the days school is in session, is on the website. Please note the emergency/snow closing policy on the bottom of the calendar.
SEPTEMBER 2014 E-NEWS
• Black & Gold Club meeting Wednesday, September 10, at 7:30 PM.
• Music Parents Association meeting, Thursday, September 11, at 7:00 PM HS Band Room.
• PTSA meeting, Wednesday, September 17, at 7:00 PM.
• Meet the Teacher Night, Thursday, September 18 at 7:00 PM.
• PTA Council meeting, Monday, September 22, at 7:30 .
• Senior Class Group Photo will be taken on Tuesday, September 30, at 10:30 AM on the football field.
• The Homecoming Dance is Saturday, October 18 at 8 PM in the high school gym.
• Senior Portrait make-ups/retakes will be taken on Wednesday, October 15 in Room 171 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM, Thursday and Friday, October 16 & 17 in Room 171 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
• Underclassman and faculty portraits will be taken on Monday, November 17, 7:40 AM-2:00 PM; make-ups/retakes will be taken on Monday, December 15.
2015 YEARBOOK ORDERING
All high school students will be contacted directly from the publishing company, Herff Jones, with information on purchasing a yearbook. In order to expedite matters, we will be providing Herff Jones with a list of names and addresses on September 29, 2014. If you do not want to be included in this list, please contact the Main Office at 627-9802.
NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT
The No Child Left Behind Act requires parents to be informed professional qualifications and state certification of their child’s teacher. If staff has been assigned to teach outside of their area of certification, you will receive written notification. Please contact the school if you have any questions regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s teacher.
The Nanuet Board of Education requires that every school child in Grades K, 2, 4, 7, and 10, and all students who are new to the school district, have a physical examination. In general, it is best to have the family physician or pediatrician perform this examination and report the findings to the school.
A physical form can be printed from our website by clicking Our School, then Nurse, or please have your child pick one up from the Health Office, or call Mrs. Sullivan at 627-9810. After November 1st, the school doctor will examine all pupils for whom we have no record of a private physical examination.