Friday, March 07, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians:
The third quarter of the school year is well under way, and I encourage you to continue speaking with your students about the importance of putting full effort into their schoolwork. Please know that extra help sessions are available and publicized. In addition, I will be informing you of programs targeted for students with specific academic needs in the spring.
PARENT/TEACHER MEETINGS - Please be aware that teachers will be available to speak with you about your students academic progress on Thursday, March 13, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. These meetings are primarily for parents of those students who are experiencing academic difficulty. A letter, as well as room assignments for teachers, will be mailed home.
REMINDER - School will now be in session on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, February 19-21 and Tuesday, April 22 as make-up days for January 3, January 21, February 3, and February 5, when we were closed due to the snow.
All students Grades 9 - 12
Order your Yearbook Today
2014 Excalibur ORDER # 4323
MARCH 2014 E-NEWS
• Winter Athletic Awards Dinner, Tuesday, March 4, at 7:00 PM, High School Main Gym. This is a rescheduled date.
• PTSA meeting, Wednesday, March 5, at 7:30 PM.
• Music Parents Association meeting Thursday, March 6, at 8:00 PM.
• Incoming 9th Grade Parents Orientation Meeting, Thursday, March 6, at 7:00 PM.
• Black & Gold Club meeting, Wednesday, March 12, 7:30 PM.
• This year’s spring musical is “How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying”. The show will be presented on Friday and Saturday, March 14 & 15, at 8:00 PM in the auditorium. Tickets are $12.00 and can be purchased at the door or by calling 627-9850.
• PARENT/TEACHER conferences with be held on Thursday, March 13, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
• 5K Run/Walk will be held on Saturday, March 15, 9:30 AM, rain date is Sunday, March 16.
• PTA Council Founder’s Day Dinner, Monday, March 24 at 6:00 PM, High School Main Gym.
• High School Pops Concert, Wednesday, March 26, 8:00 PM.
The annual Nanuet High School 5K Run/Walk will be held on Saturday, March 15, 2014. Registration starts at 8:00 AM and the race begins at 9:30 AM. Alternate date is March 16, 2014. For more information and to register, please click onto the highlighted link above.
VIRTUAL HIGH SCHOOL
Anyone interested in taking an online course through the Virtual High School (VHS) should see
Mr. Kersting in the Technology Office. VHS courses are available to students who will be a junior or a senior in the 2014-2015 school year.
Registration packets and a list of approved VHS courses are also available in the Main Office, Guidance, and the Media Center. In addition, the forms can also be found on the Virtual High School e-Chalk page at http://nshs.nanuetsd.org/group_profile_view.aspx?id=954ecf32-7794-48bb-84a0-48370ed3aee0 or the Guidance Department e-Chalk page at http://nshs.nanuetsd.org/group_profile_view.aspx?id=d601ea73-b82e-4fad-b038-b60cd296413d. Please contact Mr. Kersting at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.