Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Each of our teachers is available for extra help at least two days per week during a particular period of the school day. If a student is having difficulty in any academic area, he or she should arrange to meet with his or her own teacher or another teacher in the same department. Students can check the teachers’ schedules and refer to the information by going onto www.nanuetsd.org, click on schools, click on Nanuet High School, click on directory, and then click on the teacher’s name to determine when and where this extra help is available. Of course, we will still continue to make extra help time available for students either before school or after school.
Click here to order your Yearbook and Parent Ads
ORDER # 4323
SEPTEMBER 2014 E-NEWS
• Black & Gold Club meeting Wednesday, September 10, at 7:30 PM.
• Music Parents Association meeting, Thursday, September 11, at 7:00 PM HS Band Room.
• PTSA meeting, Wednesday, September 17, at 7:00 PM.
• Meet the Teacher Night, Thursday, September 18 at 7:00 PM.
• PTA Council meeting, Monday, September 22, at 7:30 .
• Senior Class Group Photo will be taken on Tuesday, September 30, at 10:30 AM on the football field.
• The Homecoming Dance is Saturday, October 18 at 8 PM in the high school gym.
• Senior Portrait make-ups/retakes will be taken on Wednesday, October 15 in Room 171 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM, Thursday and Friday, October 16 & 17 in Room 171 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
• Underclassman and faculty portraits will be taken on Monday, November 17, 7:40 AM-2:00 PM; make-ups/retakes will be taken on Monday, December 15.
NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT
The No Child Left Behind Act requires parents to be informed professional qualifications and state certification of their child’s teacher. If staff has been assigned to teach outside of their area of certification, you will receive written notification. Please contact the school if you have any questions regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s teacher.
The Nanuet Board of Education requires that every school child in Grades K, 2, 4, 7, and 10, and all students who are new to the school district, have a physical examination. In general, it is best to have the family physician or pediatrician perform this examination and report the findings to the school.
A physical form can be printed from our website by clicking Our School, then Nurse, or please have your child pick one up from the Health Office, or call Mrs. Sullivan at 627-9810. After November 1st, the school doctor will examine all pupils for whom we have no record of a private physical examination.