Monday, October 20, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Each of our teachers is available for extra help at least two days per week during a particular period of the school day. If a student is having difficulty in any academic area, he or she should arrange to meet with his or her own teacher or another teacher in the same department. Students can check the teachers’ schedules and refer to the information by going onto www.nanuetsd.org, click on schools, click on Nanuet High School, click on directory, and then click on the teacher’s name to determine when and where this extra help is available. Of course, we will still continue to make extra help time available for students either before school or after school.
Click here to order your Yearbook and Parent Ads
ORDER # 4323
OCTOBER 2014 NEWSLETTER
• Black & Gold Club meeting, Wednesday, October 8, at 7:30 PM.
• Nanuet Music Parents meeting, Thursday, October 9, 8:00 PM.
• SAT & SAT Subject at Nanuet, Saturday, October 11 at 7:45 AM.
• Homing Dance, Saturday, October 18, 8:00 PM.
• PSAT/NMSQT at Nanuet, Saturday, October 18 at 7:45 AM.
• Senior Portrait make-ups/retakes will be taken on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, October 15, 16, & 17.
• PTSA Meeting Monday, October 20 at 7:30 PM.
• RCC College Night, Thursday, October 23 at 7:00 PM at the RCC Field House.
• This year's fall play is “The Good Doctor”, to be presented on Friday & Saturday, November 7 & 8 at 8:00 PM in the auditorium; tickets are $10.00.
• Underclassman portraits will be taken on Monday, November 17, 7:40 AM -2:00 PM, make-ups/retakes will be taken on Monday, December 17 Room 171.
NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT
The No Child Left Behind Act requires parents to be informed professional qualifications and state certification of their child’s teacher. If staff has been assigned to teach outside of their area of certification, you will receive written notification. Please contact the school if you have any questions regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s teacher.
The Nanuet Board of Education requires that every school child in Grades K, 2, 4, 7, and 10, and all students who are new to the school district, have a physical examination. In general, it is best to have the family physician or pediatrician perform this examination and report the findings to the school.
A physical form can be printed from our website by clicking Our School, then Nurse, or please have your child pick one up from the Health Office, or call Mrs. Sullivan at 627-9810. After November 1st, the school doctor will examine all pupils for whom we have no record of a private physical examination.
The Nanuet School District needs substitute registered nurses for field trips, screenings and athletic physicals throughout the year, as well as health office coverage.
A New York State license and current CPR certification are required. Please call the business office at 627-9881 for an application, or contact Jennie Koester at 623-6525 for more information.