The nurses of the district will be reporting to N.Y.S. the BMI results of all in the following grades: 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th & 11th graders. If you do not want this information shared as a percentage (no names are shared) please email or call your child’s nurse and request to Opt out.
Lyne Louis-Charles, R.N. Miller: 627-4864 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Mooney, R.N. Highview: 627-3490 email@example.com
Cathy White, R.N. Barr M.S.: 627-4041 firstname.lastname@example.org
Maura Hanigan, R.N. Nanuet H.S: 627-9810 email@example.com
Welcome to Nanuet Senior High School's Nurse Health and Wellness Page
From: Maura Hanigan, R.N. Nanuet H.S. School Nurse
Please send in a current physical for your child yearly. The following is a list of reasons that they are needed:
FLU Season is here! Please click the link below to see guidelines for parents.
Sports: Every student needs a physical that is current (within a year) of when the try-out begins. If it isn’t current, they cannot try-out.
Registration: A Recent physical is needed when you register your child to attend any Nanuet School.
New York State Mandated Screenings & Physical Exams:
Scoliosis Screenings: Mandatory that every 9th grade boy have a screening on file. If they don’t have a physical they will be screened by the nurse. This may occur during class time.
Annual physicals: All 9th and 11th graders are required to have.
Hearing & Vision Screenings: Required for all 11th graders.
**These mandated screenings will be done in school if we don’t have a record of it by your child’s private physician.
*** Please send in all annual physical forms so we can avoid duplicating services and avoid taking your child out of class.
Immunizations: required for every student.
As per N.Y. State Public Health Law, section 2164 students entering the 7th & 12th grade must have the Meningococcal vaccine. All 12th graders must have 2 Mennigitis vaccines. To learn more about this visit: health.ny.gov/Immunize.
All students who want to play a sport must have a physical examination either with their personal Dr. or with Dr. Ingrassia the school physician. All physicals must be dated 1 year prior to the date of the sports first day of practice. It must be brought to the Health Office along with the consent/health update form & emergency card in order to be eligible to play a sport.
**An athletic physical performed by Dr. Ingrassia fulfills the 9th & 11thgrade N.Y.S. requirement mentioned above.
Sports forms and other health forms can be found at the link below.
Any questions please free to contact me:
Maura Hanigan, R.N.
- Health examinations will be required in grades PreK or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11.
- Vision screening for distance and near vision acuity will be required within 6 months of admission to school and in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11.
- Hearing screening utilizing pure tone testing will be required within 6 months of admission to school· and in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11.
- Scoliosis screening will be required in grades 5 and 7 for girls and grade 9 for boys.
- 2018-2019 is a transition year and any health exam form signed by a NYS Physician, Nurse, Practitioner, or Physician Assistant may be accepted.
- Changes for screening grades are not effective until 7/1/18 and will not be implemented until the 2018-2019 school year.
- Schools should notify parents/guardians whose students will be in grades PreK or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11 in the 2018-2019 school year now of the need to obtain a health examination for next school year.
- For the 2019-2020, ONLY the approved NYSED form will be accepted.